On this long weekend I continued to work on the Earthquake-O-Meter. I found an old wine box, for which I cutted the cover (see “The First Cut is the Deepest“). The wood of the box was too thick, so that I had to saw two holes for the servos.
For a new steampunk project I need a cover with inscription for a box. The box shall contain a RaspberryPi, an Arduino and two servos (for the beginning – perhaps I will add a NAS and some other stuff). At Die Werke everyone has the possibility to use a laser cutter (after a short introduction course).
For this first version I used material from Kraftplex. Here is the result:
Yesterday I mastered a steampunk workshop, where we created some USB sticks in the established design Laboratoire LeMath. Five participants (and me, too) had a lot of fun while sawing, filing, gluing, drilling, polishing, and talking.